Get your e-commerce website ready for Lebanon’s Christmas 2020
Ahhh Christmas. The most amazing holiday season around the world. Family reunions, friends get-togethers, gift wrappings & shopping.
Christmas holiday period is the busiest shopping days of the year.
2020 will be no different, even more, hundreds of merchants (especially in Lebanon) will be counting on this month’s shopping spree to compensate on the bad year’s sales.
Coronavirus & the unstable Lebanese economy did not make things easy for merchants, but among all this uncertainty lies great opportunities.
Table of contents
- Get your business online
- Preparing your store
- Short but sweet Titles
- Long comprehensive descriptions
- Good, Clear photos
- Christmas Sales & Discounts
- How can MEM help you in all this? Introducing Product Ribbons
- Product Sub Titles
- Automate Everything
- Enable Gift Cards
- Deals, Deals & Sales
Get your business online
With worldwide lockdowns, trends and physical shops closing down 33% of Lebanese have increased their online shopping since the beginning of COVID-19 and this is bound to increase in the near future.
If you are not selling online yet, then you are very late. The above coupled with the opportunity of fresh money sales coming from abroad should be more than enough reason to put your business online.
MEM is the fastest & easiest way to launch your E-commerce website. We build your stunning site that defines your brand & launch it crazy fast.
Preparing your store
For the remainder of this article, I will assume that you have an E-commerce site with us. If you don’t, now is the time to contact us.
The first thing you will need to prepare for this year’s holidays are your products.
A good product title and description are always a top seller criterion with most consumers. At the end, this is the first & last thing your customers see. Make sure your products are well presented & set-up.
Short but sweet Titles
No one wants to buy just a boot, a simple boot does not sell. Instead, you should be selling « Aurora Original insulated snow boots in black » isn’t this title sexier?
Adjust your product titles, make them appealing to the eye and describe your product in an elegant tastier way.
Long comprehensive descriptions
Unlike your product titles, here, more is better. The only way to write a top selling description is by making it a comprehensive guide for your product.
Think about describing your product unique selling points including sizing, measurements, colors, materials, ingredients, potential allergens & more.
Get to the writing, I know you hate it but this is the only way.
Good, Clear photos
What is a product without photos?
Take different angles of the same product, if you are selling wearables like jewelry or clothing, it is a nice idea to have one of the photos with the item worn by a model.
I am sure your website looks amazing, but nothing entices consumers more than holiday decorations.
Add some Christmas spirit to your site. You can also create a special section in the menu or a special category for Christmas themed products.
If you are already a client of ours, you will this easy to do from your own CMS. If you don’t know how to do it, go ahead and contact us.
Christmas Sales & Discounts
Nothing says Christmas like discounts.
If you are just starting with E-commerce, the best way to market your website is an email and SMS campaign to your existing customers offering them deals & discounts on their first order.
MEM offers you a wide range of Discounts options, ranging from automated coupons based on order total and/or customer group to manually crafted coupons that can be managed by order total, customer groups, products, categories, number of uses and date range.
How to prepare your marketing email with the discount coupon?
Step 1: Prepare your promotional calendar.
Start by deciding the frequency of your email sendings. Usually 1-2 times a week are more than enough, spread them out wisely, remember that not everyone will see your email the same day it is sent.
Step 2: Pick your promotional products.
Next, pick and prepare the products you want to promote. Remember to double check your product picture, title & description. Write them again if you have to, everything has to feel fresh & right out of a shinning Christmas box.
Each business will chose specific products to promote, there are no « wrong choices » here. What do your customers need this year? season? inside your targeted area?
Maybe you don’t want to chose a specific product? Why not chose your best selling product to encourage new customers? Or maybe a brand new release?
According to spocket.co, here some trending items categories that were raging last year.
- Personalized Gift Ideas: Customized Mugs, t-shirts and other personal items toped the list in last year sales. Really now, who doesn’t enjoy a personalised gift?
- Warm, Toasty Sweaters and Jackets: By 2021, the global jackets and coats market is estimated to generate 94.5 billion U.S. dollars in retail sales. In general, online fashion retailers are expected to make $418 billion.
- Game, dolls & other kids toys: Nothing says holidays & Christmas more than children. Toys and games for the little ones are amazing items to put discounts on. These items range from state-of-the-art toys to little stocking stuffers that you can offer for free with every large purchase.
- Books: Reading has been making a come up for the past few years. Why not?
- Gift cards: Yep. Surprised? Gift card will never get old. Never underestimate the power of cold choice with consumers. Gift cards are still a top seller on Christmas.
Step 3: Prepare your mailing list.
If you are already a shop owner, then most probably you already have a list of emails of your current and past customers. Export them from your current POS system and upload them on MEM control panel. They will automatically sync to your linked MailChimp account.
Step 4: Write your email copy.
You know the product(s) you want to promote, the discount coupon and your mailing list. Now is the time to create your email subject & body.
Keep it brief, exciting & fresh.
Ready? Send it out sit back. Hopefully soon enough you will be watching the sales trickle in.
How can MEM help you in all this? Introducing Product Ribbons
Product ribbons allow you to highlight featured products on your storefront, whether it’s a bestseller, sale item, new product, or any other item that deserves a spotlight.
- Customize the Ribbon text: Imagine it & write it (within the 30 characters limit of course). For example, “Bestseller”, “New”, “50% Off”, “Gift idea” or “Free Shipping”.
- Chose any color you want: We have already some startup colors you can chose from but if thats not enough just open the color palette and chose any other color you want.
- They are searchable: Yep! You heard this right. People searching for « Gift Idea » will find your tagged product. Amazing, isn’t it?
- Amazingly easy to set-up & customize: Just checkout the image below.
Product Sub Titles
You need more tools to highlight a specific feature or maybe ingredient in your product?
Subtitles will show on your product listing & single page. Highlight any additional value in your product with this.
MEM has an exhaustive list of automated emails that you can control.
Triggered by customers’ behavior relevant emails are automatically sent out to your clients. This lets effortlessly engage customers and increase your store sales.
MEM list of automated emails include:
- Favorite Product Reminder
- Abandoned Cart Recovery
- Order confirmation with related products
- Feedback request
- Loyal customer appreciation
- Inactive customer reminder
- Purchase anniversary
You can even add a discount coupon to any email on the email settings page. Choose an existing coupon or create a new one to give customers a reason to come back and buy.
Enable Gift Cards
As explained above, gift cards are still considered the black horse of the holiday season.
With MEM you can setup a gift card appearance, change amounts and categories it’s displayed in.
You can even take advantage of the Ribbon system to get more attention to it. Oh Yeah!
Deals, Deals & Sales
Holiday Season is gifting season. People love to gift, they just need a nice encouragement.
Take advantage of our platform this holiday season and Rock Your Sale.
Merry Christmas & Good Luck 🙂