Top 6 trends for Social Media in 2019
The social media world keeps on evolving at a very fast pace, therefore we always need to keep up with the latest updates and features. To achieve a successful digital marketing strategy this year, you need take into consideration the latest trends for 2019 and try to implement them as much as possible in the right context for your business.
Here are the top six trends you need to consider for your 2019 Marketing strategy:
- Creativity & storytelling: storytelling is still on the top of the to do list when creating an identity for a brand and giving it a value. The first thing you need to start with is narrating a story about your business and your product; the name behind your company, your journey, the idea behind this product, your struggles, your success, your concerns. The story needs to be inspiring and creative to stand out from the competition, in the same time it should lead to an action. Digital marketers are doubling their efforts to create an engaging and interesting content to get the consumer’s attention which is leading to focus more on the quality over the quantity shared online.
- Humanize your brand: this is where we achieve a personalized branding by giving the brand a voice, style and personality. Technically chatbots should be on head of our list, but the behavior of the people online indicate that they still value the personal communication. Communicate with your followers as human being’s builds trust, empathy and loyalty with your audience. Your brand will feel lot more “human” when people can engage in a conversation on your platforms, when they feel that you are listening to them, reading their comments, caring about their opinions and encouraging them to share their own stories.
- Stories: easy, fun, engaging, authentic but not permanent! Stories are the perfect tool to take your audience behind the scenes, to introduce your team, to show your daily routine, to share sneak-peaks. “Stories” is an effective tool to feature a storytelling to your brand.
- Videos/live videos: Video content continues to grow and when we say videos it doesn’t mean produced with a large budget, videos are easily being taken with smartphones and this is why videos are becoming more popular. Live streaming is also a big trend available on different platform, one that gives the customer a real-time coverage on your world and your business. Going live is being spontaneous, real, with no chance of editing. streamers interact with their audience directly and the content might be a quick chat, answering comments and questions or it might be a prepared topic such as sharing giveaways, running contests, reporting news. This trend brings up a communication based on the interest of the audience and bring up a healthy community around a brand.
- Influencers: If you are looking for an online sales person call the influencers! As their name shows those people have influence on their audience and according to the number of followers they have they are able to get traffic to your account and give an impressive feedback to your product. Since the major influencers are becoming too expensive some of the businesses are looking for Micro influencers followed by an average of 10 000 people, knowing that their followers share genuinely the same interest they express on their profiles.
- Targeted audience: Marketers are analyzing more than ever the behavior of the users online, using “cookies” they collect data from their purchase history, clicked links, social media posts and other habits. Based on that content, products and emails are being personalized and the expectation of the consumer has relatively increased. A balanced targeted personalization without being too pushy, will make the consumer appreciate finding the products they’ve been looking for despite the fact that this might have risks on an individual’s privacy online.
We will always be exploring new and interesting features in the social media world. These trends are making the bringing companies closer to the consumer, it will make the relation more transparent and human which will hopefully enhance experience of the consumer online.
How can we help you reaching your marketing goals in 2019?